Game Security

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More details

• Game Security

Hello Everyone!

As we all know wararm is becoming an incredible game, but to continue being incredible the game will have to have a good security to prevent future hackers.

So as I had nothing to do I decided to look on the internet how hacks for online games are made, And in a Brazilian forum I found this:

"This is very complicated, the guy studies the code of the game and makes its own exploit, the guy has to handle a lot of the language that the game is written and its anti-hack system, and exploit vulnerabilities .. In short, they are a group of idlers who like to ruin the game of gamers who play for real, it is disappointing but all kinds of software have flaws and these manes exploit for fun ."

After reading this I had an idea to put the admin commands like for example the / ban / kick / givecredits / goto in a separate application of the game

To illustrate more things I will explain better

The idea is to remove from the game all the commands of admins to prevent hackers who can take advantage of this, and make an application outside the game code in which the administrator has access to the commands,
      Who knows, you can even make an application with the administrator game commands for the mobile phone, so you can work outside , but this will be another topic to discuss, if you like the idea contact me that I will give more information about This.

I hope you liked the idea! Good luck :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

bibliography:
      hardware.com.br/comunidade/curiosidade-cheats/1123415/

And a little bit of:
      translate.google.com/?hl=pt-PT :P
    • Yeah in the future it will be certainly more secure to put the admin commands outuside the game application. At the moment we have them both in game but also outside (in a CPanel). The problem is that a lot of times you need commands in game in order to perform certain actions: for example, when you see someone that is cheathing you can directly ban or kick him.
      By the way we will encrypt all this informations and commands and it will be very difficult for a cheater to access to them :)

If you any suggestions just write them in this discussion :)

marf wrote:

Yeah in the future it will be certainly more secure to put the admin commands outuside the game application. At the moment we have them both in game but also outside (in a CPanel). The problem is that a lot of times you need commands in game in order to perform certain actions: for example, when you see someone that is cheathing you can directly ban or kick him.
      By the way we will encrypt all this informations and commands and it will be very difficult for a cheater to access to them :)

If you any suggestions just write them in this discussion :)

So you can make for mobile and you can play and kick/ban.
      Encrypting is a good solution, but it takes a lot of work, cuz you need change it monthly to be even harder to decrypt.

Vasco14PT wrote:

The idea is to remove from the game all the commands of admins to prevent hackers who can take advantage of this, and make an application outside the game code in which the administrator has access to the commands
      Hi vasco, the most important admin commands, usable through the game (eg ban) are controlled by server, then, only users who have administrator rights can use them, even in case of client-side vulnerabilities.
      In addition as has already been said, we already have the possibility to use these commands also outside of the game (and also on the mobile) ;) .
      Firma!? Quale firma?